Pondok Indah Mall
Address: Jl. Metro Pondok Indah Blok 3B, Pondok Indah.
Phone: (62)(21) 750-6750
Reviews: Pondok Indah Mall is a large shopping complex located in Pondok Indah, South Jakarta, Indonesia. Popular with expatriates and wealthy locals, the complex was designed to have the appearance of an American shopping mall. The complex comprises of a five-floor shopping mall, 21-screen cinema, four mutli-floor department stores and nearly 400 specialty shops.
The mall was built by Design Development Group (DDG), Inc. of Chicago in 1996. A major expansion (Pondok Indah Mall 2) was completed in 2004 that included a cinema, food court and several new retail destinations, department stores and a supermarket. The two malls are connected by a skybridge.
Being located in an affluent of Jakarta, merchandise prices sold here are often higher than in other malls. Security at the mall includes vehicle and bag inspections prior to entrance.
Must see at Pondok Indah Mall:
- Biyan - Indonesian designer - ground floor
- Royal Selangor - pewter handicrafts - ground floor
- Pondok Indah Water Park - south side of mall
- Pondok Indah Climbing Wall - outside exit near Times Bookshop
- Indonesian food - Bakmi Gajah Mada and Dermaga food court - 3rd floor
- Metro Department Store